Why Use A Ring Light? Ring lights were originally developed for medical and dental purposes. However, due to its wide potential capabilities, the ring light was adapted for various commercial usages that include the following:
1. For Emphasising Details
2. Due to its design and structure, ring lights are perfect for emphasising details on photographs and videos. The ring light's circular design allows users to use their cameras in between the hole of the ring light enabling them to focus on specific details of the shoot.
- Using a ring light when taking pictures produces perfectly balanced lighting that is evenly distributed on every side of the model or object that the users want to focus on. Ring lights allow the users to create high-quality photos and videos without the burden of spending a lot of money for the shoot.
3. Generating Colour Effects Ring lights can be easily used to generate colour effects by simply switching the regular white bulbs with different coloured lights or by applying coloured gels on various parts of the ring light. Using ring lights to generate the colour effect technique allows the user to create colour washes that flow through various directions of the object of the shoot or video.
4. Video production When using ring lights as the only source of lighting for a photoshoot or commercial, the ring lights produce an attractive halo shadow that brilliantly outlines the subject of the photograph or video. This provides a dramatic and professional look for filming. For a more professional-looking video, softboxes or sidelights can complement the ring lights such as the Complete Beauty Ring Light Studio Kit or Side Fill Lights.
5. Makeup Application Since most ring lights can produce a daylight colour rating of 54000k, this source of light is perfect for makeup application especially on an overcast day or when natural light is not available.
Post time: Nov-25-2021